About The role
Based in Leeds City Centre Offices, the IT Development team builds applications and systems to support the exchange and management of data and information across the health and social care system for England. We're big fans of Agile development and use it extensively to deliver first rate software products to internal users and national NHS customers. As a specialist team we pride ourselves in being able to couple technical excellence in software development with a strong understanding of our customer's needs, working very closely with them to deliver what they want.
Significant experience in the following areas is essential:
- Ability to gather and interpret requirements from users to develop technical specifications for an OLAP solution.
- Skills and experience of Data Modelling methodologies to implement large scale complex analytical Data Warehouse design.
- Knowledge and experience of ETL Development techniques using SSIS to gather and process data from various sources and manage metadata, errors, failures and reloads.
- Ability to tune and optimise SQL Server procedures and packages to efficiently process and transform large data volumes and process changes to source data.
- Experience working on all aspects of the Development lifecycle including code management, automated testing and automated deployment methods.
You will be a highly motivated individual, able to self-manage and motivate your fellow team members and work effectively within a team, in a dynamic and challenging business environment. You will have a degree or higher qualification containing a significant element of programming or equivalent appropriate professional experience.
As a BI Senior Developer you will be involved working alongside a team of developers to support and maintain a large portfolio of systems. You will be responsible for the on-going development of systems according to a prioritised backlog of activity driven by customer requirements, in addition to timely and effective defect resolution on the live systems. These systems are high profile and of national importance; a good example of which iView+ system, a large, complex component based system developed in AngularJS, .NET C#, EventStore, RabbitMQ and Microsoft SQL Server (SSIS & SSAS). There is a need to flow new data assets into the data warehouse element of this system and ensure that the information can be leveraged to provide business intelligence insights. You'll also have exposure to users and customers in the business so you'll be able to understand the customer needs and see the results
of your software development.
About the Rewards
In addition to a competitive salary you can look forward to a full range of public sector benefits, including an excellent contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and various flexible working options. Perhaps the most compelling reasons for joining us, however, are the scale, scope and high profile nature of the projects you'll be working on, and the unprecedented opportunity for personal and professional development.